Organizer: Tony Wheeler (Course Planner)
Registration: 10:00-10:45am, location to follow. A waiver and membership form will have to be completed if this is your first OANS orienteering event of the year. Pre-registration is recommended to ensure your map and get an entry discount, pre-reg deadline: Thursday May 21st, 2020, 11:59pm.
Mass Start: 11:00am.
More Details to follow
HOC Spring Score-O Series
HOC is excited to offer a Spring Score-O series for 2020!
Each event will be a stand-alone event (you don't have to do them all):
- Event #1 Long Lake, Sunday April 26th, 2020
- Event #2 Fleming Park, Thursday May 14th, 2020, World Orinteering Day
- Event #3 Long Lake, Sunday May 24th, 2020
- Event #4 Hemlock Ravine, Saturday June 13th, 2020, Ian Clark Memorial
Score-O is a fun, choose-your-own-adventure style of orienteering where you decide in which order you'll find the controls. HOC Spring Score-O events feature:
- 1-hour time limit
- Mass Start
- Maps will be given out at the start time (planning and strategizing is part of your race time)
- Controls will be worth 10, 20, or 30 points (as marked on map) based on difficulty and distance from Start/Finish
- Penalties: lose 10 points/up to each min over time limit, to a max of up to 5 min. Over 5 mins past time limit will result in an Over Time disqualification.
The top finisher in each category is the person/team who finishes with the most Score-O points the fastest.
A competitor's best 3/4 results will be counted. In the case of a tie the 4th event will be used to break the tie. The top finisher in each category earns 100 pts and the remaining competitors are scaled to that based on their Score-O points vs winner's Score-O points. In the case of more than one sweeper (finding all controls in time limit) the sweepers will be scaled by time, then the remaining scaled tro the slowest sweeper.
Events will follow standard OANS pricing:
Special series pricing of 4 events for the price of 3 is available if paid at first event. SI rental is required to be paid at each event.
12U open individualIndividuals who are 12 & under (YOB 2008 or later), all genders.
Casual open individualIndividuals of all genders who are newer or orienteer just for fun.
Competitive open individualIndividuals of all genders who are here to compete.
TeamTeams of 2+ people, all ages and genders (great for families).