This event will be a three-person relay event at Shubie Park. Each team will have a Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced leg. The legs will be run in the order of Intermediate, Beginner, then Advanced.
Dick James Memorial: Dick James was a founding member of the Orienteering Association of Nova Scotia and a past Board member of Orienteering Canada. His passion for Orienteering was reflected in the thousands of hours he devoted to growing the sport over the years. Proceeds from this event will be donated to Orienteering Canada's Junior Development Program. As this event is a fundraiser for junior development, participation of juniors is highly encouraged.
Classes for registration and prizes:
- Family class is for teams including at least 1 junior (jr. can be shadowed).
- Open class is for teams with no junior participants.
- Pre-registered by Thursday July 11, 2019
- Family class team including a Junior (<19) are $20
- Open class team with no juniors are $30
- Registered after Thursday July 11, 2019
- Family class team including a Junior (<19) are $25
- Open class team with no juniors are $35
- SI rental fee is $3 if required.
Please register for the leg you will be running and "Comment" with your Team Name.
If you need to be matched with a team please register as an Individual and "Comment" on which course you'd like to run (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) in order of preference and I'll do my best to match up teams.
*Please note if you register online you must still come for registration on the event day to fill out necessary forms, pay and check-in.
Event Day registration: 10:00-10:45am
Mass Start: 11:00am
Start area will be by the ball field, access from Jaybe Dr. entrance.
Bring your picnic and swim suits for afterward.
Any questions please contact Emily: email@example.com